Wide variety of appetizers and side dishes such as Beef Stroganoff, Ratatouille, Asparagus, Lyonnaise Potato, Arroz Brasileird and Beef goulash
There's also a soup and bread station. And various type of dressing and spices available for anyone's tastebuds
There's mix fruits and salad for dessert. For my drinks, I tried their Brazilian soft drink and true enough, it didn't disappoint. It's close to the taste of Mountain Dew and Root beer combined.
I don't remember how many slices of meat I've eaten that day. All I remember is that I rarely decline any offer of meat that comes my way. I particularly like the Lamb and Rump beef.
What I like is that they allow the customer's to choose which part of the meat they can have. The outside part which is crispy and well done or the inside which is more juicy but a bit pink (or bloody as some people would think).
The only thing I didn't like is how pricey the drinks are but overall, I felt I got what I paid for. There's literally an abundant of meat that you wouldn't even need to turn your card to green.
There's also wide variety of side dishes and appetizers that compliments the barbecue. But the best part for me is the quality and the taste specially the meat is superb. If you're a steak and meat lover, I would highly recommend dining here for that overall experience and value for the money.
Carnivore Brazilian Churrascaria
Carnivore CHIJMES - T: 6334 9332
Carnivore Grandstand (Turf Club) - T: 6466 9418
Carnivore MBS - T: 6688 7429
Price: $50++ with 10% discount for UOB Card Members
Preparing the Merengue mix
1. Using the mixer, mix the egg white and caster sugar for 10 minutes slowly adding parts of the sugar every few minutes (I divide it by 4 batches with 2 mins interval per batch)
2. Mix the Vanilla syrup, the food color for the remaining minutes until stiff enough to turn the bowl upside down
After my son's birthday, I get the sense that I impress some of my friends with my newly found baking skills. And this is despite me not giving much attention to the taste because my focus is really the looks. I guess you can say that I'm lucky to have found good recipes online because most of my friends were requesting me to do more and affirming I'm gifted with this (must also be because I'm just giving it away).
I received a special request to bake French Macarons. Although I haven't even tasted one. After I saw how cute and adorable they are online, I told myself it shouldn't be that difficult, after all, I am now an experience baker. It was on my 4th attempt that I retreated and told myself I shouldn't have said yes in the first place.
What makes it difficult to make French Macarons?
1. Meticulous process
2. Despite following the meticulous process, a lot of things could still go wrong on the appearance
How to do it?
A Prepare the Merengue mix
B. Prepare the Powder mix
C. Combine the powder to the merengue mix
D. Pipe the mix on your trays with baking sheet
E. Bang the tray on the floor until you get the perfect shape
F. Bake for 15 minutes
Sounds easy? We'll let's get into the real details
Preparing and mixing the Powder mix
1. Sift almond meal 2x and icing sugar 1x
2. Add pinch of salt
3. Combine the powder to the merengue. Using a spatula, mix up to 40-50 folds until the mixture is soft but not runny (slowly ooze back down when spatula is raised up)
1. Put the mixture into a piping bag and whip into a clean baking sheet. Gently pipe making a small circle then pull the tip into a circular motion while pulling away
2. Bang the tray hard on the floor on all directions until the mix flattens into a nice circle shape
3. Bake for 15 minutes at 150 degrees.
4. Check every now and then as cooking time could vary specially if you put food color
5. Good indication would be when the macarons is coming off the baking sheet without force
6. Spread you desired filling. Mine was white chocolate ganache which you can easily make by combing melted white chocolate and heavy cream. Reference: http://www.chow.com/recipes/28649-basic-chocolate-ganache
LUMPY - Mixture is undermix
FLAT - Over-mix or too runny
CRACKED - Tray was not bang hard enough
BASE STICKS - Undercook, remove from the oven too early
Veronica, also known as Gene is a passionate mother, wife, career woman, event planner, artist, adventurer, fashionista, and many more.